If you are worried about getting a job or returning to employment after a break, our workshops and courses will help you plan for:
- Job hunting and interviews
- Writing a CV and covering letter
- Filling out application forms
- Improving your interview skills
Workshop 1 - Skills for Employability
In this session you will be able to access your online course ‘Working Ways’ which will introduce you to the skills and behaviours that will be useful to you in your learning and also in the world of work. When you have completed this workshop, you will be able to:
- Understand the behaviours that are appropriate to a place of learning or work
- Demonstrate these behaviours in your own learning
- Give examples of positive and negative verbal and nonverbal communication
Your tutor will provide you with a series of short activity sheets that you will need to complete, that will help you to show what you have learnt in this workshop.
It is important that you remember that your Tutor will be expecting you to demonstrate the skills that you have learnt about today, during the rest of your course.
Workshop 2 - Planning your Career
This session will be a mixture of online learning and tutor lead activities that will help you to decide what career options will be suitable for you. Once you have completed this workshop you will be able to:
- Identify the achievements, skills and personal qualities that you have that will help you to get a job or a place on a course
- Know where to look for careers advice and guidance
- Identify a range of career options that would be suitable for you
- Understand the importance of career progression
Your online learning will have a range of activities that you will need to complete as you go along to provide evidence for your qualification, your tutor will discuss these with you. At the end of this session your tutor will be giving you a homework task to complete and bring with you for the next workshop.
Workshop 3 -Making Applications
In this session you will learn about searching for vacancies and making applications. By the end of this workshop you will be able to:
- Search for and identify a range of vacancies that are suitable for your skills and abilities
- Finalise your CV with the support of your tutor
- Make applications to suitable vacancies, including writing a covering letter
You will need to complete two activity sheets in order to provide evidence for your qualification, your tutor will give you these.
Workshop 4- Preparing for Interviews
This session will focus on what you need to do in order to prepare for interviews, so that you will have the best possible chance of getting the job. You should consider this preparation for your role play interview in the next workshop. By the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
- Understand the importance of preparing for interviews and list the ways in which you can do this.
- Prepare responses to possible interview questions
- Identify the key facts about the company for which you are applying
- Use personal appearance and behaviour to create a good first impression
- Use appropriate resources to plan your travel
Your tutor will give you a number of worksheets to complete so that you can gather evidence for your qualification and demonstrate your understanding of these ideas.
In this workshop your tutor will provide you with the time and date for your role play interview, where you will be able to demonstrate all the skills that you have learnt so far.
Workshop 5- Your Interview
For this workshop you must make sure that you arrive at the time that has been allocated to you by your tutor for your role play interview. In order to get the most out of this exercise, you should treat this like a real interview.
Your tutor will be looking for you to use the positive interview techniques that you have learnt about.
After your interview you will have the opportunity to discuss your performance with your tutor and you will be asked to identify things that went well and things that did not.
Participants need to be 19 years of age or older for training.
Please give us a call on 020 7354 5655 to make an appointment to see one of our tutors. Please bring a proof of ID, proof of address and proof of benefit (if applicable).